Re: Problems.

At 07:35 PM 1/12/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi all,
>Okay here goes.
>1. When accelerating at part throttle i can run up through the RPMs fairly
smoothly.  When accelerating at full throttle my car starts to back fire
like the worlds largest popcorn popper above 4k RPM.  This seems to lesson
somewhat after about 10 min., when the car has warmed up sufficiently.
>2. My car will idle fine for about 3-5 seconds and then hiccups (best word
I could think of)and then will run for 2-3 seconds before another hiccup.
It is very random and when it happens it sounds like the engine quits
running for a split second and the tach needle falls.
>I have not had time to work on it in a while and need some suggestions so
I will know where to start.
>Thanks,
>Aaron
>
>Attachment Converted: "c:\internet\eudora\attach\Problems.htm"

It sounds like your coil to me. Replace the coil and see what happens. I
had similar symptoms on my 8v, i replaced the coil with an MSD Blaster and
no more problems.