Re: Problems.

Aaron D. Patton wrote:

> Hi all,
> Okay here goes.
> 1. When accelerating at part throttle i can run up through the RPMs
> fairly smoothly.  When accelerating at full throttle my car starts to
> back fire like the worlds largest popcorn popper above 4k RPM.  This
> seems to lesson somewhat after about 10 min., when the car has warmed
> up sufficiently.
> 2. My car will idle fine for about 3-5 seconds and then hiccups (best
> word I could think of)and then will run for 2-3 seconds before another
> hiccup.  It is very random and when it happens it sounds like the
> engine quits running for a split second and the tach needle falls.
> I have not had time to work on it in a while and need some suggestions
> so I will know where to start.
> Thanks,
> Aaron

Hmmm, my first thought is dirty injectors, buy a bottle or two of
berrymans
F/I system cleaner and see if it helps.  If that dont work  then you
will
have to replace the offending injector(s) (If it actually is dirty
injectors).

Since you say it backfires at full throttle, that makes me lean twards
an
electrical problem.  Are your cap, rotor, plugs fairly new? if not
replace
them, it could also be a defective hall unit.

Does you car run hot? if it runs hotter that normal it could be the
injectors.

Later
Etrik