Re: Death trap(frozen throttle cable)

On Mon, 12 Jan 1998 11:51:21 -0700 rabeys@cadvision.com (Sean Rabey)
writes:

>        I guess what i should have said was it took so long to show up
>because el nino finally ended

Ah! I misunderstood. I see most clearly now.

>One thing is that foam insert in the gas pedal has a large tear in it
where
>the cable is wearing through.

You can pinch it and rotate it 180 to a fresh section of foam. That will
help it last a little longer. Its a cheap item to buy. Replace it.

>        I think that sounds like the best bet right now.  Is it a
>fairly simple procedure?
>
>        Thanks Shawn
>
>                        Owen
>                        87 16V

For the most part, yes. Remove, install. What you will want to do is look
at how its routed through the firewall and to the TB. its not difficult.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and