water leak

From:	FAUSTGE@buffalostate.edu      "Greg Faust"  8-JAN-1998 10:48:46.82
To:	in%"scirocco-L@privatI.com"
CC:	FAUSTGE
Subj:	water leak

Thanks for the tips guys.  I believe I'm gaining on the problem.
Last night, I pulled up some carpeting and removed the seat.  I discovered that
the leak is coming from up near the passenger A pillar.  I removed some of the
headliner and trim:  the drain tube for the sunroof is not plugged nor is it
leaking.  the blower motor inlet in the wiper motor trough is not leaking
either.  As best as I can tell, I appears that the windshield is leaking around
the gasket.  The A pillar is wet about half way up but not up near the drain
opening.  My question: Do windshield gaskets leak often?  does anyone have any
ideas on what else it could be?  I blew through the drain tube to make sure it
was free, then I plugged it to make sure there were no cracks or leaks.  Has
anyone had this problem before?  After pulling the carpet, it appears that this
is not a new problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

happy motoring
vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw
Greg Faust
  84 GTI
  87 16v Scirocco
  88 16v Scirocco

vwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvwvw