Re: water leak

FAUSTGE@BUFFALOSTATE.EDU writes:

>  My question: Do windshield gaskets leak often?
>  does anyone have any
>  ideas on what else it could be? .......
>  Has anyone had this problem before?

Yeah, Common problem. I had this same thing. What I did was get a squeeze tube
of Black Silicon Sealant and went to town.
I had documented the procedure before, Can't find it at the moment- Quick and
in a hurry:

On the outside of the car, run a bead UNDER the rubber of the gasket. On mine
it had a newer Cal look gasket. This may be easier to work with, not having
the metal strip in the way.

Run the tip of the tube under both 1. The rubber and the car body as well as
2. The rubber and the glass. I tried to go w/ less than 100%, but I had to do
the whole thing.

Squeeze a bunch in. As you pass it should close back down and some of the
silicon should squeeze out. This is good.

Wipe up the amount that squeezes out before it cures. 36-48 hours later it
should pass the water hose test.

Good Luck,
TBerk