Re: water leak

On Wed, 7 Jan 1998, Greg Faust wrote:

> Thanks for the advice on United Import.
>
> Here's my latest problem.  The last few times it's rained, the passenger side
> floor collects quite a bit of water.  It is not coming from the sunroof
> directly, nor the door seals.  I pulled up a section of carpet and still cant
> seem to find the source.  Is it possible that it is coming from the sunroof
> drain holes?  This water collects when the car is parked.  I'm not sure of the
> location of the drain conduits.  Do they come down the B pillar?  Help please.
> I'm positive the scirocco is not intended to be amphibious!

Check the drains in that rain tray thing (the area that houses the front
windshield wiper motor).  I've seen two VWs now (a Corrado and a GTI) where
one of those drains filled up with leaves and the water proceeded over the
firewall... It actually nearly flooded the Corrado.

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/