Re: 16V's

> it has Tarantula Wheels on the back and teardrops on the Front
> cloth & vinyl interiors no sunroof,  no power options. well ,
> the  weirdest thing the VIN stands for an 86 8v ya' know the  WVWCAG
> but  has a 16 valve under the hood.
>
> they asking about $1800 US

    Hey Martin!  From what you describe, the car was an 8V at first and had the
16V engine put in afterwards.  Who knows what kind of person did all the work?
The description you give does not paint a pretty picture either.  As Mr. May
said, the car does not have the 16V brakes.  I don't know about you, but those
brakes are pretty important if you'll be driving that car hard...you may not
intend to drive it hard, but that engine just loves to rev, and pretty soon you
will let it rev high...in every gear.

    Iif it was up to me, I would _not_ consider buying that car.  Although I
would like to take it for a ride just to tease myself.  I'd be willing to bet
that the car is in rough shape, though, so if you do decide to take it for a
ride and you're not impressed with the ride, don't worry...a well-tuned 16V
will make you want it right away.

jason
the mad bastard.