Re: lowering the suspension...

---the mad bastard <stoopid@idirect.com> wrote:

>     Hey people.  I just bought myself a used set of Bilstein springs
and shocks
> from RPI two days ago and hope to have them in my possession in
about a week or
> so.  I was wondering if y'all might give me a little advice.
>
>     Here's the deal, all of the springs/shocks are already combined,
so it's a
> matter of just taking out the stock set and replacing it with the new,
> correct?  If so, is there any special advice that I should have, or
anything
> that I should look out for when doing this job?  My cousin and I cut a
> coil-and-a-half off the front end last year, and it all seemed
pretty easy, so
> I think that I can tackle this with out any problems...I hope.
>
>     I know that I'll have to get an alignment as well, but that can
wait as I
> have the car off the road until next spring.
>
>     WRT the upgrade, I'm afraid that all I know about them is that
they are
> Bilstein shocks and springs, they are used (off an 87 16V...what a
> coincidence), they will drop my height by about 1.5" (until I cut
the springs a
> tad), and they are _stiff_.  I am ill with anticipation.  I'll
finally be able
> to put her onto the track...
>
>     Anyways, thanks for your attention.
>
> jason
> the mad bastard

They are probably the Bilstein HD's with Neuspeed Lowering.  A common
combo, the one I am currently selling.  The inserts could be the
Bilstein Sports a step up firmer.  I really enjoy(d) for a daily
streetable driver on Ohio SHIT roads.  But my migration back to stock
class dictates the Koni's for the adjustment (compensation for stock
springs).

Don't go cutting anything though...

Install is simple R&R & Alignment.

==