Re: Simple Green for rims?

> Does any one use Simple Green on their rims to break up the dirt/brake
> dust?  I really don't like using stuff like Wheel Magic, so I'm trying
> to find an alternative.  Simple Green works great to clean up the engine
> and was wondering if it's safe for the rim finish, too.  With my luck,
> the 'works on anything' cleaner will strip the finish off my rims so I
> thought I'd ask before I try.  Thanks!

    I've used Simple Green before...no problems that I can see.  I've also
used a cleaner that it is a helluva lot stronger.  It is called Oil Eater.
Anyone heard of this swill?  It's pretty ruff stuff, but what I do is use it
straight or diluted, clean the hell out of a portion of my rims, then give
that area a good rinsing.  Takes a bit of time, but I feel the results merit
the amount of work.

    I also used Oil Eater on a section of my Scirocco's paint, and it
cleaned ten years of mung outta there like nothing I've seen.  Of course,
then I had really shiny patches of white beside the remaining
yellowish-white of the rest of the car...so I did the whole car.  People
thought I repainted my car. There ya go, my HO.

jason
the mad bastard