[NO Start]

So this problem started a long time ago and has gotten worse to the point that
it's getting annoying.  I haven't had any time to try to fix it yet since I've
been commuting 74 miles to work in that Toyo (gag) 6 days a week and I'm
working 60 hour weeks. I'm just looking for brainfeed at the moment.  When I
turn the key all the accessories come on but starter doesn't turn.  I hold the
key there for a second or two and then it finally turns the starter.  My guess
is that it is the switch but I want to hear if you guys and gals have ever had
anything similar that wasn't the switch.
1.  the starter is OLD....original at 156k miles so I know it could be finally
goin.  I am gonna have it rebuilt soon just for kicks.
2.  I will be doing the rewire the alternator and starter thing soon too.
Crusty cables.
3.  If it is the switch....then how can I fix it?  I'll test it close with the
super snappy electro meter sometime soon to see if it's working....but then,
How can I repair it.    I DON'T want to replace it for another keyed switch.
NO WAY.  I'm stickin with my original keys to death....hopefully.
DANMAY
8716VScirocco(intermittently starting)  95.5Tacoma(always starts damnit)
http://members.aol.com/scirocco87