Re: Washer Squirters & New Dealer Parts

>(1992 was the last year the Scirocco was sold in Europe, manufacturers
>are obliged to support their cars for 10 years.  After 2002 I would
>expect to see a great decline in the availability of Scirocco specific
>parts)

	I've had some questions about this 10 year plan.  If the Scirocco
was sold through 1992 in Europe but only 1988 in the US, can Americans get
parts through  1998 (a few more hours) or through 2002?  Moreover, say the
monowiper for the Mk.2 disappeared after 1983, does the manufacture have to
carry parts until 1994 or for 10 years after the end of the Mk.2 run?  And
I presume that VW stopped total support of the Mk.1 after 1991?
	On a related note, while I was changing my fuel injector O-rings on
my '81 I snapped one of the two tiny vacuum hose nipples off this
valve-amabob which is connected to the top of the intake manifold,
downstream of the throttle body, and runs via a plastic hose to the brake
servo.  After a suitable amount of cursing and invoking the Horned Lord I
called the local dealer to see if they had one in stock since I needed it
*now*.  The very helpful gentleman started with the "good news/bad news"
prelude and proceeded to tell me that he had one in stock but unfortunately
it costs $82.  He was apologetic about the cost and warned me that it has a
Scirocco specific part number in case I was off to vulture one from a
boneyard.  Since I didn't see any Sciroccos the last time I was there two
weeks ago, I went to plan "B": JB Weld.  So far it's holding.  Anyone know
what this part is called?
	For the O-rings, I found that the recommended gasoline pre-soak
made it easy to slip it on over the injector, and then lubricating the
shaft with some gas let it easily slide all the way down.  I'm sure the 80
F temperature in Pasadena didn't hurt either.  Happy new year y'all.
benton-----