Re: broken frame?

At 1:58 pm -0600 31/12/98, Bret wrote:
>this is the direction I'm leaning............put a lower subframe on it, and
>have it welded at the same time.........
>
>anyone else have any thoughts on this means of attack?
>
>-bret

Having just visited Eurosport (in LA) two days ago, I can say that their
subframe for A1 cars looks pretty sweet.  Definitely superior to Neuspeed's
and Autotech's lower stressbars, superior to the Techtonics lower stress
(and the stock 16v part they copied), and probably better than Autotech's
lower subframe.  It attaches at the front control arm bolts and the swaybar
brackets behind the control arms.  For a pic, go to:
http://www.eurosportacc.com/vw/vw-html/vw-tiebars.html
To compare it to Autotech's subframe, check this out:
http://www.autotech.com/stresbar.htm

I ain't got no fancy book-learning mech. eng. degrees but I think
Eurosport's is going to be stronger.  I just don't trust those adjustment
points Autotech puts in the middle of all their bars...

As an added bonus, Eurosport undercuts Autotech by $70US (129.99 vs. 199.99).