Re: 80MM airflow sensor what does it look like?

At 10:14 PM 12/30/98 EST, A1SCIROCCO@aol.com wrote:
>Hi, Is the airflow sensor the round metal flap in the top half of the airbox?
>Im going to get one tomorrow at the j.yard and wondered if that was what i
>needed.  How much of a hp gain can i expect from this piece?  The 80mm
sensors
>are on 84 gti's right?
>

>Thanks, Matt
>84 8v

Not exactly sure of the dimensions but my '81 w/ it's 1.7L had a smaller
one and the '84 GTI w/ the 1.8L had a much bigger air flow sensor.  80mm
sounds about right. I'm pretty sure GTI's are not the only ones w/ a larger
sensor. Some Passat's and Audi's might be good donors

TBerk