Re: 80MM airflow sensor what does it look like?

Becareful with the airflow sensor you slelect.   My ole'  (rest in piece) 84
GTI had a different setup the my Scirocco.  After you remove the rubber boot,
look down on the sensor assy.   You are looking for two things.
1.  Look at the lip.  There are different sizes.  You want the thinnest.
2.  Look at the flap that raises.  Some are smaller than others.  You want the
widest one.
The best combination is the thinnest lip and the widest flap.
HTH
Dave
85 Scirocco GTX