Re: Cat-Back: new TT

Rich wrote:

> Looking forward to hearing about it.  Is it SS or aluminized?  What did YOU
> pay?

It's about $300 from Potterman or TT, including the Ultraflow muffler.  They
have another cheaper muffler that cuts the cost considerably for the budget-
minded.  I also bought a dual outlet resonated tip.

Impressions: it's "ok".  Fairly loud, kinda buzzy.  Resonance inside car not
too bad.  My stock exhaust had still been on the car, and it was totally blown
out (as was the cat, I found out today).  Power seems about the same.  Tips
look fine, fairly close to stock, which was what I was after.

Front end update: I had written a few days ago about my wandering front end
after getting all-new Bilstein Sports all around, and new Neuspeed bars.  Well
I replaced my crappy P700Zs the other day (which had varying amounts of wear
on each - they were not all bought at the same time) with nice new Dunlop
SP8000s.  The improvement is substantial - the car doesn't do the crazy wander
any more (though it does wander VERY slightly, which I would expect based on
the suspension/tire setup), ride quality is improved, and handling is vastly
improved.  The mofo handles like a freakin' go-kart now.

My total investment in the car is approaching $9k.  But it's a sweet ride and
getting sweeter all the time.. I actually much prefer driving it over my VR6.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA