Re: Grounding Starter:how, who?

At 01:23 PM 12/28/98 -0800, Kevin wrote:
>you have that too? I have 2 very stock looking spade connectors on my cold
>start valve. They go behind the motor to i dont know where. The o2 computer
>you say? hmmmmm. Well the first time I pulled the head for a head gasket I
>forgot to hook these up and i didn't have any problems. I think I'll ground
>em just to be sure.
>
>At 09:19 AM 12/28/98 -0800, you wrote:
>>Grounding the cold start valve sounds, sound. :)  During the dailing in of
>>my recent engine swap the motor mechs at ND found a ground wire for the O2
>>sensor's computer to be unconnected. Turns out it was ganged to a pair of
>>grounding wires that were connected to the cold start injector's mounting
>>bolts.

<Snipper>

urns out one of them was a single brown ground. he other was a pair of
wires; one brown and small, the other a little bigger and RED & GREY. his
was disconnected from the spade connection during my motor swap and I was
leary to connect it to anything until I had figured out were it went. Silly
me, I thought it might be a powered wire being partly red and all.

Chalk a win for why it helps to get the base level stuff done by a trusted
shop, leaves me with more configence to take it from there and run with it.

hth,
TBerk