Re: Grounding Cold Start valve??

I don't think you would want to do this, because then the cold start
valve would always operate whenever you used the starter, including
during hot starts. The point of the time-thermoswitch is to prevent this
from happening and only provide ground when the engine is cold or you've
been cranking the starter for more than 5 seconds or something...
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI
    '86 Scirocco 8v
    '87 QSw