Re: can you spell u-n-s-u-b-s-c-r-i-b-e??

At 12:04 AM 12/28/98 -0600, Robert Farrell wrote:

>Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
>I first sent this on the 18th,
<snip>
>Bob Farrell
>
>P.S. I'm happy with my subscription on worldnet so leave that alone.
>Only the one on icdh16.dseg.ti.com is a problem.

>Ladies and Gentlemen,
>
>I'm sorry to burden the list with this but it seems to be the only
>option left. I have been trying to unsubscribe for four days now
>with no success.
>
>1. The directions at the bottom of each message sent out by the list
>seems to be incorrect: requests should be sent to Majordomo not
>scirocco-L-request.

<snip>
>4. WHO has been disabled so one can not find out what address he might
>have subscribed from.
>
>5. The message that promises a person will verify unsubscribe requests
>is a lie.
<snip>
>--

Dude,

You are have much to big a cow than need be. The message to unsubscribe
found at the bottom of the list is only a beginning. Once you send the
email; unsubscribe in the body of the message, leave out a subject line,
you will get back _at the same email address_, the next instructons that
are used to confirm you want to really unsubscribe.

This is part of the email I got back when I sent the second email:

Succeeded.

I don't know how you are going to confirm if you don't have the
unsubscribing email address available, but I'm pretty sure that you send
the following email

to: scirocco-L-request
subject: ( blank )
unsubscribe scirocco-l icdh16.dseg.ti.com

That should do it.

Have a happy.
TBerk