Re: front end mystery

Shawn C Meze wrote:

> Does it pull right (or left) on accel, and left on decell?
> I think what your describing is nibbling. How much negative camber do you
> have?  It sounds like the alignment is fine, the problem could be that
> your not used to a car that is very road sensitive. My car nibbles all over
> the place at any given time. Doesn't require 2 hands on the wheel but if the
> road geometry is just right, it will turn left or right or both for me.

Nope, it can wander either direction at any time.  It seems to want to do
a right turn (and I mean TURN, not just pull) at very low speeds, like right
after pulling out of a parking space.  It's very weird.  Next week I get
new tires, then over to the "good" alignment shop for a real alignment and
diagnosis...

> I only got to drive it from the garage to the driveway (12 feet maybe)
> and back again. So an actual drive would be fun! (Of course, not as fun
> as the Audi A3 20V Turblow last might! SCHWING!!!!

That car kicks ASS!!  I wish we could at least get the 1.8T GTI, but no dice.

--
Kevin Collins
Huntington Beach, CA