No Subject

I just recently (about a year) got into water-cooled Volkswagens.  I
purchased a sirocco II race car.  Since then I have bought an 81 pickup,
and a 76, a78, and a 80 scirocco for parts cars.  I love it the, those rear
wheel drive morons will never catch up.  My car has transformed into a 76
body with cut and welded springs, homemade stress bars (rear, front upper,
and front lower), 16V rear swaybar, stock GTI front swaybar, 205/60r15
tires of whichever brand I can find rummaging in the local tire guy's
dumpster, 1.8L out of my buddies wrecked Jetta, with .030 off the solid
head, my backporch special port job, a 500cfm Holley 2 barrel (my class
doesn't allow fuel injection), a g-grind cam, a JC Whitney header, all
behind, well I mean next to an 81 diesel pickup 4 speed(I read that one in
one of those California-yuppie-fag magazines).  I really need some help
from all you know-it-alls (said with sincere respect) is how can I go
faster and handle better.  My car runs in the front now, but I am cornering
like a flat tracker (steering wheel in the locks and sliding from the
inside to the guardrail) on good dry concrete this is why I have given up
on trying to keep some special tires, I can shred 3 or 4 a nite.  I should
be able to  corner much better and easier than this.  My 5.0l mustang would
smoke my scirocco any day.  I have been considering Neuspeed race springs,
Bilstien sport struts, the Autotech 25mm and 28mm hollow sway bars, and one
of those 10.1 vented disk conversions. Any advice or comments on my
selections would be greatly appreciated.  Or if anyone has an extra 2.0
tallblock laying around and would like to part with it please let me know.
Later gator
Jon