Re: Favorite Mag Subscriptions ?

Ha ha ha, good one!  I have to agree with you on that one Ryan.  I really don't find EC that great, especially b/c I am interested in A1 cars, and most of the VW stuff that is covered is A2 and A3.  EC actually had a 1 page article about 1 month ago (maybe more but it was recent) on a 16v scirocco.  The article sucked b/c it just talked about what the guy had done..something about tires, cam..in any case, it didn't give any useful info from what I remember.  And I don't have the $$$ to spend on a supercharger, heated Recaros or 2/3 of the stuff they advertise in EC.

Oh yeah, and does Neuspeed own EC?  Seems like all the aftermarket stuff they talk about in the articles is from Neuspeed.  There are other companies that make stuff for VWs after all.

Sooo, does anyone know of a good mag that has good articles on watercooled A1s???  Are we screwed b/c our cars are too old for the mags like EC, Sport Compact Car and not old enough like classic air suckers???

Victor J. Farren
Research & Reference Services
PPC/CDIE/DIO/RRS
Tel: (202) 661-5842
Fax: (202) 661-5891
E-mail: vfarren@rrs.cdie.org

>>> "Ryan Schuermann" <rts@nol.net> 12/23 11:11 AM >>>
I love European Car! I just cant wait to read those informative
articles about how to increase the horsepower out of my car. Their
butt dynos have the be the untimate standard in measuring
performance gains. Their tech procedures are also top notch. Heck if
I ever loose one of my old VW & Porsche magazines, I can be sure to
wait a few months untill the same article resurfaces in EC. And lets
not mention the valuable advertisers who freely provide all of the
performance modifications that people with $100,000 budgets get to
buy and add to their cars. Oh yeah i LOVE Europead Car.

Ryan