Re: daily driver

I've had Sciroccos for daily drivers since 1990, all MK1s.  I now
have a dedicated autox Scirocco, but it is still street legal and I
drive it to the events.
Actually I finally bought my first MK2, 197,000 miles.  The dash
isn't cracked, the interior looks OK, I am going down to the shop
Wednesday night to go over it and will get it inspected next week.
For the first time since 1990 I am daily driver Sciroccoless, and I
hate driving this 1974 Chevy pick-up truck around.  The thing just
won't pull those corners.  And that rear wheel drive crap sucks.
However, I was glad I was driving it last night when I whacked a
deer.  I only dented the fender of the truck, and it already had a
dent there from the previous owner.  Killed the deer instantly.  If I
had been in the Rocco, that deer would have come through the
windshield for sure.
Ken Buck
Philadelphia Region SCCA RE and Solo chair
78 DSP VW Scirocco regional champ 94, 95, 97, 98
85 VW Scirocco dirt Thunder Car
"1997 Rookie of the Year" Linda's Speedway(retired)
80 Scirocco-S  copper, 1.8L (will never run)
84 Scirocco (I've actually touched it now, will work on it soon)