Re: CAM Talk

a g-grind is a nice cam assuming your 1.8 is a solid lifter JH. Stock on
euro GTi's it has plenty of torque(although you will lose a little) but it
breathes a lot more high end. At 99 bucks, who can go wrong? I'd think
about performance valve springs depending on the mileage of the motor and
intended use. I have a g-grind, but I think I'm getting the HOR 286 cam and
try that out. I dont like having to shift at 7100 when the engine could rev
a lot higher. We'll see.. :)

At 12:08 PM 12/22/98 -0800, you wrote:
>I'm sure this has been discussed in length before, but only recently
>have I decided that it may be time to do a new cam.
>
>Does anybody have any suggestions for the correct performance cam for my
>87 1.8 8 valve?  Although adept at turning a wrench this is one that I
>havn't done yet so if anyone can lend a couple of pointers I would be
>very grateful.
>Also how much should I pay for something that will increase my
>performance without putting to much premature wear on the rest of the
>engine.
>
>TIA
>
>Jared Erlandson
>Seattle
>Red 87 8v
>

>--

Kevin Fry roccin '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive- BMW 7-series: I'm still not important, but I've
perfected the art of living beyond my means."