Re: stock dual downpipe vs. TT dual downpipe

In a message dated 12/22/98, 7:30:37 AM, vfarren@smtp.cdie.org writes:
<<
I have an opportunity to get a dual exhaust manifold and a dual downpipe from
a 1981 scirocco.  I know that TT claims that their downpipe is better than the
stock one, but does anyone have any practical experience w/ the TT downpipe
vs. the stock dual downpipe?  For around $100, the TT one sounds reasonable,
and I can get it w/ the O2 hole....don't know if the '81 sciroccos had 02
sensors.

BTW I have an 84 8v w/ the crappy 4-1 exhaust manifold.

Thanks

Victor J. Farren>>

They did in California.

'81s has an electronic hall sensor instead of points.

These also have O2 sensors.

TBerk