Anyone know this car in Virginia

I often see a red 16v scirocco on my way to work on the 495 beltway or
I270 in Maryland.  Obviously looks like an enthusiast because the car
has euro lights and appears to have been lowered.  Looks to be in great
shape.  Anyone know this car???  If so, let him know that I'm just a
crazy VW owner as well and just want to say hey!  I'm the guy in the 88
flash silver 16v if your out there.  Don't be such a stranger.  Everyone
in the vicinity of the DC Metro beltway are not all TYPE A
personalities.

Rob
88 16v Scirocco