Re: Test Drive 5

On Mon, 21 Dec 1998 20:00:49 -0800 Kevin Collins <kevinc@flashcom.net>
writes:

>I was laughing so hard at your message I couldn't reply and just
>deleted it and moved on...

Uh-huh.

> Took it over to local tire place to
>get it aligned, dude comes in and grunts at me that it pulls to the
right,
>he's already swapped the front tires so they ain't the problem, and that
>there is nothing he can do to correct it - he'll just set it to proper
>spec and then I gotta live with it.  He has no idea why it might be
doing
>this.

What alignment setting was he trying to get for you? Sounds lame to me.

>Shee-it, I drive outta there, and other than the fact that the steering
>wheel is way off-center (which I specifically asked him to make SURE
would
>not be the case)

Simple to fix really. Remove the cover, remove the nut, remove and rotate
the wheel to where you want it, make the plunge and reinstall said nut
and cover.

>Runs a helluva lot better too since Mike replaced
>the plugs and pulled the flaky TT fuel enrichment module.

That would of been me that yanked the "module". (Uh, more like a lame-o
relay thing-a-ma-jig.) Rewired the coolant sensor for ya to, dont worry,
I did it for you at no charge. Merry hoho! :)

>Now I'm just waiting for the TT exhaust to show up, then hopefully
>I'll be done with it for a while.. oops gotta buy tires too (SP8k's),
shit
>there goes another $400!

Cool! Then you gonna run SM against the Potterman?

I gotz an idear. I think we should all hook up for a day at the drag
races. You know, legit races with time slips and stuff. Id like to see
your 2.0L against the Pottermans 8V and his 16V. Should be interesting. I
think if there were enough of us, we would have alot of fun.

              Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi           82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and