2.0" or 2.25" exhaust?

Gentleman, I've got an exhaust tuning question for yuz. My rally car
runs an Audi 2.0 8V motor with ported head and intake runners, g-cam,
and big throttle body. In otherwords the car inhales very nicely. The
head is shaved down a little so that the compression ratio is about
10.5:1.

The exhaust manifold is an iron 4/2 from an old Scirocco and the
downpipe is 2/1 -making for a nice-sturdy tri-y situation. The cat was
ditched a long time ago and a center resonator (glass pack muffler) with
"test" pipe are there in it's place. Now, as nice as this is, the cat
back exhaust is still the old mandrel-bent 2.0" from my deceased 1.8l
Rabbit GTi.

It definitely worked great back then as it was ideally matched for flow.
However, with my increased displacement, I now figure that I might be
strangling the car a little bit. I could definitely get rid of the
resonator. Would this give me somewhere near the equivalent flow of an
uncorked 2.25" auspuff system? How about if I kept the resonator and
lost the rear muffler? This'd probably be way too loud, though...
--
Scott F. Williams
NJ Scirocco nut