is my power steering going away?

well, my power steering is starting to go....i think...  here's the
symptoms:

1.  NO fluid loss.
2.  when i turn the wheel very fast (like when i pull into a parking
spot) i get a horrible sounding groan accompanied by squeaking belts.
3.  belts are tight enough, i checked that.
4.  doesn't happen when i turn slow.
5.  doesn't happen if i jerk the wheel fast, but if i keep turning, it
happens and will keep groaning even on easy turns until i don't turn for
a little while, and it "recharges" again...
6.  groaning is accompanied by added resistance on the steering wheel.

do these sound familiar to anyone?  it feels/sounds like it's starving
for ATF fluid.  has anyone had a blockage in their power steering
before?  i think it is a blockage...  or is it just another pump gone
bad (this is #2, although my first one leaked....)?

chris
86 16V scirocco