FIRE, Im the god of hellfire

For those that read the subject, today my Scirocco went on fire.

Going nice and steady, aproching a stoplight. -When my car had
stopped black smoke entered the coupe from the vents, and around
the hood fat black smoke where trieing to erach the sky. Turned
of motor emedatly and went ou tto open hood and see what was
happening. When I was trieng to open the hood fire reacced my
face and I closed th ehood fast. After maybe 10 seconds, felt
like one minute a cab driver aproxes with a fire killer, time to
open hood second time, ignore the flames and have the powder
sprayed all over the motor, still on fire and a second guy coms
with a new fire killer, this time we succed in killing the
flames. THANK GOD. After 5 minutes the fire department arrives
and checks that the fire is already killed.

Damage was limited to repaint of hood, all rubber above and near
the starter motor needs to be changed. No critical damage to
motor or car.

Guess that after a lot of beers now it feels only bad. To bad
christmas is so close, don't think I can manage to get car back
on road before new year.

I will have a second bad night mare to add to my "dragster"
night mare, Oh can I ever sleep good???

Roland Johansson
Scirocco 1,6l TIC -82
Http://hem.passagen.se/toker