Re: the air box and stuff

hehe, well the thing is that no oil pump baffle will keep you from getting
oil in the INTAKE. the only thing that will curb that is a valve cover
baffle that goes over the cam. I do have the full windage tray to keep the
oil where it belongs but it doesn't do anything for the oil in the
breather, trust me! the breather picks up just under the valve cover!

At 10:23 PM 12/17/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Kevin wrote:
>
>> I'm going to get a K&N breather filter to mount on the end of the pcv hose
>> or the valve cover. those chrome ones look trick but my valve breather
>> angles down and I'm sure would drip oil all over the engine during the
>> first few miles if i just clamped it to the cover.. any thoughts?
>
> Yes, leave the hose intact and get an oil pan baffle from Mark or
Potterman.  You
>think you hate oil in your intake?  How do you think your main bearings
feel on
>that 1/4 mile right-hander?  Drier than Joan Rivers' coochie.
>
>jim
>
>--
>Jim Buck
>1990 Passat Wagon 2.0 16v
>1987 Scirocco 16v "lil 109"
>1982 Rabbit Convertible **FOR SALE** http://www.mixi.net/~vwpride/cabbie.htm
>
>Got Wheels? Visit anyway!
>
>http://www.mixi.net/~vwpride/
>

>--

Kevin Fry roccin '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive- BMW 3-series: I wish I were important.."