Re: the air box and stuff

No noticable gains anyways. I have my breather disconnected (because i hate
that oil coating the intake..) and i was hoping for a performance increase
but there is absolutely nothing noticable. MAYBE 1/4 hp if you're lucky.

Oh yeah, but cutting holes in the airbox doesn't have anything to do with
the PCV hose because the hose attaches ABOVE the filter. if you have half a
brain your not going to cut the box above the air filter!!!

I'm going to get a K&N breather filter to mount on the end of the pcv hose
or the valve cover. those chrome ones look trick but my valve breather
angles down and I'm sure would drip oil all over the engine during the
first few miles if i just clamped it to the cover.. any thoughts?

At 09:54 PM 12/16/98 -0500, you wrote:
>For what?
>Some people have a problem, especially on 16v's, with oil getting into the
>intake around corners. If this happens, then you can run the tube into a
small
>plastic bottle. If you think that the oil fumes cut down on horsepower,
then I
>suppose that you could do this anyway. I doubt that it would net you any
gains,
>though.
>    My 2 cents..
>    -Josiah
>    '84 GTI
>    '86 Scirocco
>    '87 QSW
>    http://www.gsinet.net/~josiah
>
>Cory Fonger wrote:
>
>> i hear evryone talking about putting holes in their air box and other
>> such things but what about the pcv hose that goes in there what has
>> anyone done about that?
>> thanks

Kevin Fry roccin '81 S 1.8
"You are what you drive- Audi 90: I enjoy putting out engine fires."