Re: CV Joint problems

Jim:

You make a valid point, but the axles we sell ($69.95, BTW) are sold with a
lifetime guarantee. If the boot rips, come get a new one, throw it in, away
you go. I've not seen one come back with a wear problem yet(usually the
splines are FUBAR.) If you are trying to get the most bang for the buck,
the reman is the way to go.  My Parts Place catalog lists new cv joints
starting at $75 and up. Then you gotta tear the thing apart, and all that
good stuff. If you happen to be as mechanically inclined as I am (i.e. not
very.) the frustration factor goes through the roof, then a wrench goes
flying, etc. I'm not trying to piss in your Post Toasties, but for most
people, I think the reman is the way to go. I've got one in mine, no
problems. If you can rebuild the axle yourself, by all means do so.

MHO,
zach
86 8v
84 8v