It's alive!!!!!!!

Well, I think that I got the timing done right today.  However, it does not
accelerate.  This is what I did for the timing.  I used a timing light, I
got the mark on the flywheel inside the hole of the tranny to line up with
the mark inside the hole.  I then turned the distributor in such a way that
the timing mark is now closer to the back end of the car.  I guess, I
retarded it.  However, when I attempted to drive the car, it had no
acceleration to it.

Question/s:  does the timing have such an effect on the car.  Did I do
something wrong.  Should I be looking at the fuel/air mixture.  If so, how
would I go about doing this?

Well, that's it for now.  Hopefully I will have some Great news very soon.

Sal

BTW, off to another drinking binge to cure the misery (lest it magically
runs perfectly when I go outside in 5 minutes).