Vanagon's and the turbo Rocco

There is a guy installing a G-60 motor into his diesel Vanagon at a local
shop.  It is the full camper version.  I think they are called Westy's.  It is
a really nice Van.  It should go like stink.

On a Rocco note, I hope to finish the turbo Rocco this week.  I have a
driver's event at Sebring on Jan 2nd, so it has to be done by then.  I
realized the original downpipe is cracked pretty bad.  I want to go to 3"
mandrel bent, but I don't have the time nor the money to fab one right now.  I
will attempt it after the 1st of the year. For now I will just have it welded.
The turbo is about 5 mm away from the firewall, so I hope I don't break any
motor mounts.  I used a g-60 block and metal gasket, so I hope to run 12-15psi
of boost with an intercooler.  The cfm the turbo puts out is around 500cfm.
To satisfy the fuel needs, I have a Callaway Microfueler and an Audi turbo
control pressure regulator.  I also plan on running race fuel.  I have also
added an AVO coilover suspension, 16v brakes, poly bushings and ss brake
lines.  I plan on putting the car on a dyno early next year, and will keep
everyone posted.

Patrick
82 Rocco.....the ongoing turbo project
90 Corrado