Re: Exhaust Leak

>At 09:02 PM 12/9/98 EST, CAPTIANBR@aol.com wrote:
>>Hello all, I am new to this email and was wondering if anyone out
there could
>>give me some advise bout my 86 16v.  I have an exhaust leak in the
spring
>>flange thing on the top of the downpipe that connects to the manifold.
>    Any exhaust leak, especially one so close to the car's fresh air
int.
>is dangerous. Even more so this time of year with windows up/heater on.
>Techtonics has a repair kit ($150+install$70+,-)

Believe me, You won't like to suck that stuff in.... I'm still
hypersensitive to CO now after being poisioned about 3 weeks ago... If I
even smell exhausts I feel like Im gonna puke...
Get it fixed or park it. I did.

                       CHRIS CHEMIDLIN

          NEW MUSIC!         http://www.spredhaus.com

          58 Type1 Ragtop, 84 Jetta GLi, 87 Foxwagen