Re: Car Running Cold

In a message dated 12/11/98 10:05:20 PM Pacific Standard Time, cgrossi@dwc.edu
writes:

>      I have an 85 8v Scirocco. The car ran at normal temps during the
>  summer months, but now that it's cold up here in NH, it runs
>  exceptionally cold.

During the swapping of '84 1.8 into the '81's eng. bay, I discovered a
restrictive metal bit in the cylinder coolant tube. I left it out and noticed
a diff. in coolant temps. Since I'm in northern Cali. it's not too dramatic.
But I'm putting it back in.

Perhaps your thermostat is a 160 or 180 and you are going to need to run that
195 F one.

One thing to verify is whether the temp is giving you an accurate measurement,
the lead may be slipping, corroded.

hth,
TBerk