Re: [Tech] 100mph speedo conversion

---Dave Novak <toastworks@hotmail.com> wrote:

> And then opens the can of worms on wondering if I can open up my
> odometer on my new 100mph speedo to get the odometer to read the correct
> mileage.
>
> -Dave

That depends...I've done this fix a few times and I consider myself really
good with tools and delicate instruments.  I've been successful fixing
the odo numbers _no_ times upon reassembly the first time.  Most times you
can see it's not going to work just be wiggling the number wheels, but
there's been a couple of times where complete dissessembly was necessary
again.  Sooo, do you feel lucky?  Well, do ya?

Actually, I've being overly dramatic.  It's not really hard to fix the
classic slipping odometer and to readjust the milage readouts, just delicate
and very finiky.  (is that a made-up word, I mean is that a meze-up word?)

==Brett