RE: more fuel problems

>hey all,
>when you pull the injector line off the fuel disrtibuter, should fuel be
>pumped out the distributer when the pump is on? Mine doesn't. I checked
>for spark at the coil and the plugs, I have spark, the cold start plug
>has plenty of fuel (oops actualy I didn't take the plug out just the
>fuel line off) if the plug is clogged would that cause an engine not to
>start?

actually yeah.  when i worked on my rocco recently for 6 days and then
tried to start it, it didn't...  i checked all the connections, vacuum
lines, timing, every thing.  i was at a loss, but i remembered a trick
my dad used to do on older cars.  i took out all the plugs (they were
all fuel soaked), dried them, and sanded (with fine sand paper) the tip
and underside of the electrode (where the spark jumps) just enough to
clean them off.  reinstalled and she started.  i guess she was
flooded?!?!

chris
86 16V scirocco