Re: Questions from a new guy

At 10:23 PM 12/10/98 , Jason Crossley wrote:

    Shit... another Jason!? :)

    Just kidding... welcome. :)

>1) There was a rain storm the day after I got the car and when I got home
>that night, there was a puddle on the carpet in the boot... Turns out
>there's a little hole in the spare tire well.. It's a clean hole, not from
>rust or anything, it almost looks like it was drilled (god knows why).. Any
>ideas on what the best way to patch it up?? I duct taped it for now, but I'd
>like a more long term solution..

    The hole is supposed to be there... I have one in mine, too... Dunno why it's there, presumably to drain water out and stop rust if that area ever gets wet. Most likely the water is coming from a seal in the hatch...

>3) Along the same line, NONE of my windshield washer nozzles work... I get a
>trickle out of the front one that just runs all over the hood and makes a
>mess, but that's about all... Maybe the nozzles are clogged or something?

    Scirocco window sprayers suck. Period.
    Someone told me months back to go and get ones out of an A3 car... they fit with some nibbling at the metal in the hood-- and supposedly it's well worth it... 4 strong streams instead of 2 drizzles.
    My suggestion is to go and get the A3 ones and then tell us how you did it! :)

    ...either that, or poke em with a pin and clear out all the shit in there!

         Jason

jason@scirocco.org
1987 Scirocco 16v