RE: super trap

I agree, Trapps are best left for competition. I have built 2 1/2 inch
systems for people using straight through Race Flowmasters. When used on
water cooled VW's an Chrysler 2.2's it makes good power and though a bit
noisy but not as noisy as the Trapps.

Later Tom Byrne
www.livingitup.com

----------
ATZFrom: Chris Coracini <Coracin@usdl.com>
ATZTo: 'scirocco list' <scirocco-l@scirocco.org>, 'Geordy'
<geordy@lodgepole.com>
ATZSubject: RE: super trap
ATZDate: Thu, 10 Dec 1998 09:36:42 -0500
ATZ

ATZ>BTW, have you ever personally ran one?  $250 is a bit high unless you
ATZ>want the glass-pack 5inch or something.  All you really need is a
ATZ>3incher or so.  Try one out with a cam and it's a weed-eater no more.
ATZ>You'd think it was designed with a cam specifically in mind.  I would
ATZ>stay far from the painted one's though unless you like rust of course.
ATZ
ATZ
ATZno i never put one on my car, mainly because of what i learned about it
ATZand i've heard a few cars with them and never liked the sound.  then
ATZagain, i only drive on the street.  these would be great for race and
ATZauto-xing where you can add shims to race and them remove to get back on
ATZthe street.  i am still going to say this:  for street applications i
ATZwould not want the trapp.  for the same amount (a little more) you can
ATZget a nice TT system with more than enough flow that would sound quieter
ATZthan the trapp....  i think it all comes down to personal preference (of
ATZcourse, what doesn't...).
ATZ
ATZchris
ATZ86 16V scirocco
ATZ
ATZ--
ATZTo subscribe or unsubscribe, send email to
scirocco-L-request@scirocco.org,
ATZwith your request (subscribe, unsubscribe) in the BODY of the message.
ATZ