RE: Hunting

Greg,

What kind of scirocco do you have?

I assume when you say "hunting" you mean that the idle is jumping around
trying to find it's proper rpm.

Well, I can't help you with diagnosing a failing O2 sensor, but here's
another thought.

I noticed you said that the hunting recently started up again, and that
it has been getting colder. When last did you change your injector seals
(if ever) When old they get hard and don't seal, thus throwing off the
airflow sensor, etc.
When it is cold, the seals are even harder and the effect is more
pronounced. This could be a possibility. It's worth checking, just be
careful with the injectors, it can be a hassle to get them out, esp on a
16V.

HTH

Jonas
85 Scirocco