RE: '83 VS. '84 GTI...Differences?

>Then how come the 84 (i think, could be 83) GTi came with the deep 'air
>shrouded' buckets(with holes in the sides for air to pass through) but not
>the injectors with the little end things on em?

i don't know this...  my 16V's lower inserts (what you call 'air
shrouded' buckets) don't have any holes in them.  they get snapped onto
a brass upper insert.  the upper insert has a little hole in it that
lines up with a passage that connects all of the inserts together.

>I put the deep buckets on my 81 and hooked up the air shroud hose to work
with my '84 motor. but it has the original '81 injectors, will this
>help?
>if not, i'll go back to the short buckets because it looks like the long
>ones protrude into the intake port slightly.

why not try using air shrouded injectors along with the deep bucket
things?  then again, i have no idea if this would work, i'm just
brainstorming....

chris
86 16V scirocco