RE: '83 VS. '84 GTI...Differences?

Then how come the 84 (i think, could be 83) GTi came with the deep 'air
shrouded' buckets(with holes in the sides for air to pass through) but not
the injectors with the little end things on em?

I put the deep buckets on my 81 and hooked up the air shroud hose to work
with my '84 motor. but it has the original '81 injectors, will this help?
if not, i'll go back to the short buckets because it looks like the long
ones protrude into the intake port slightly.

At 10:04 AM 12/9/98 -0500, you wrote:

>>I think that there is some confusion as to what air shrouds are. Are they
the
>>little bonnet thingies that they started putting on some cars starting in
>>'85...
>>those things that go on the end of the injectors..
>
>yes.
>
>>Or are they the different injector surrounds (Bakolite thingies that screw
>>into
>>the head and break sometimes) that they started in '84, that don't
>>necessarily
>>have different injectors (my '84 GTI has normal injectors, just the same as
>>an
>>'83).
>
>no.
>
>>So anyone know for sure??
>
>yes.
>

>chris
>>86 16V scirocco
>
>--

Kevin Fry .:. 81 Scirocco S JH -- turbo soon to come!
      San Diego, CA
"If God had meant for us to use the metric system, we would've been born
with ten fingers and ten toes."