Re: '83 VS. '84 GTI...Differences?

OK now I'm REALLY confused. Two different people who said that they absoloutely
know what they're talking about told me two different things.
One person (Chris) says that the shrouds are the little bonnet thingies with the
extra O-ring on them (this is what I thought). Somebody else, I don't remember
who, said that these are just to augment the air-shrouding effect and that the air
shrouds are the different bakolite thingies that screw into the head...
ummm?
    -Josiah