Re: Water temp light

At 01:01 PM 12/9/98 -0500, HCharvat@aol.com wrote:
>On my 84 8v the temp light (the red light behind the water temp gauge)
>ordinarily blinks for the first few seconds after starting the car up, then
>shuts off.  Just recently it keeps blinking.  The gauge seems to be working -
>but the light blinks for a considerable amount of time - sometimes shutting
>off after 5 - 10 minutes - or blinking continuously.  Someone told me that it
>could be the "voltage stabilizer" in the gauge cluster???  TIA
>Hugh

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the relay.  This discussion has gone
around a bit in the past.  If you coolant level is good, try repacing the
relay.  This is more than likely the problem if your coolant level is OK.

John Worden
Old Town, ME.
 '98  Dakota cc Sport 4x4, 3.9 auto, Intense Blue,
 '84  Scirocco (under construction) Brakes and Suspension currently
 '69  MGB Roadster(in need of restoration)