Re: 160 speedo's

>  3. What is the deal with your friends speedo? 160? Is that stock? My 88
> only goes to 140 like yours. What about other listers?
>
> Feenix
> 88 16V

It's not totally rare, just uncommon.  They were very prevalent in the 1986
Scirocco, marketing gimmick really.  Some 87's & 88's had them too.  Seems
like whatever they found in the VDO parts bin that day.  Anyway, if anyone
wants a 160mph speedo, don't limit yourselves to trying to find a Scircco
with it.  If you can find an A2 with that speedo, it should fit in a scirocco
cluster.  The speedos are separate units from the rest of the intstrument
cluster.  It should be no problem.  The late 88 Scirocco cluster was of
the same design as the early A2 cluster, so things should work out ok.

==Brett