Re: octane?

I see this confusion a lot, for the reason that it's confusing : )
I think this is FAQ material, so that's why I'm sending it to you, Etrik.
Taken from my QSW's owner's manual:

The 91 RON octane rating which you will find on the inside of the fuel tank flap
is based on the research method. The AKI octane rating usually displayed on US
pumps is calculated as follows: Research octane number plus motor octane number,
divided by 2.
Regular fuels have an octane rating ranging from 91 to 95 RON (Research Octane
Number) or 87 to 91 AKI.

Do not use any fuel with octane ratings lower than 91 RON or 87 AKI.

    -Josiah
    PS I'm sure that 91 works more than fine! You should be aware, however, that
higher octane rating fuels actually have slightly less energy per volume, and
might make your fuel mileage suffer, as well as make you get slightly less power.
It certainly won't be detrimental to your engine, however.