Re: Hand brake turn

Hehe... funny question : )
But I'm guilty... I've done it before.... just for fun, this is not a
performance procedure!
I can only do it on dirt. I can't do much more than slow the car down slightly
with the ebrake, either. But get going fairly fast in first gear in a large
dirt area (like 20mph or so), then turn left hard and pull the handbrake. Your
rear end will come around, fast. Be careful! Have fun! Let off the handbrake
after about 90 degrees and steer and apply the throttle correctly, and you will
have done a handbrake turn. If you were going for a 180, you can do that too.
Heck I suppose you could do a 360 if you got going fast enough... but you'd
need a big dirt area and don't flip the car or anything! (I suppose that would
be hard to do).
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI (Autoxer/Toy)
    '86 Scirocco 8v (for sale)