Re: 95.5mm TDI crank, what years??

TDI is quite different from Turbo Diesel. TDI is Turbo Direct Injected, which
is indeed a turbodiesel, but is completely different from the older turbo
diesel engines (OK maybe they share some parts, I dunno). TDI started in like
'95 (don't quote me on that), whereas turbodiesels started in '83 ish in
Quantums and Jettas... maybe earlier, I dunno. Went through '86, then stopped
due to emissions regulations until I think 1990, when they came out with the
ECODiesel, which was just a restricted, emissions-regulationed to death turbo
diesel which didn't have any power to speak of and basically sucked, IMHO. The
early turbo diesels rock... but I'm going way off subject.
I don't really know exactly about the years, those are all just ballpark.
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI (Autoxer/Toy)
    '86 Scirocco 8v (for sale)
    '87 QSW (daily driver)