Re: Got me a free jetta :)

Check the voltage at the battery when it's running. Should be over 13 volts. If
it's not, you probably need an alternator or the field wire (blue, usually)
that excites the alternator into starting to charge is broken or some other
connection is bad... or your voltage regulator is kaput. Most of the time when
an alternator isn't charging right, it's a voltage regulation problem, IME.
If it's charging fine (over 13v) then you probably need a new battery, or you
have a voltage drain... what's the problem? Tell us the symptoms so we can
diagnose!
    -Josiah
    '84 GTI (Autoxer/Toy)
    '86 Scirocco 8v (for sale)